Friday, March 13, 2015

5 Book Covers

I like how this cover's main focus is the bird and you kind of have to search for the title of the book. It makes it more interesting because the book seems more mysterious. You want to know why the bird is there and what the book is about. There are many interesting angles, as well. The sideways authors name and the upside down bird create and interesting combination. 

This cover caught my eye because of how large the image is. It takes up the entire cover and even looks like it may have been cut off. This makes it intriguing because you feel like you're missing part of the story and want to find out more. The fact that it's a comic makes it seem more fun and less boring. 

I like how casual this cover looks. The handwriting font compared with the notebook paper binding makes the cover seem like the language in this book won't be dense or confusing. I also like the little drawing. Again it is mysterious and I want to find out about this sneaky guy.

This appeals to me because I like to do line drawings of girls. I think this is really cute and aesthetically pleasing. I like how everything is arranged in a little column in the center of the page. It draws the eye in and is very neat. 
I chose this one because I just really like handwritten font look. This cover is simple and complex at the same time. It is a simple idea executed really well. 

All of the covers I like have a hand drawn element and are also kind of mysterious.

3 comments:

  1. I chose the last book cover as well the one with the fingerprint. I didn't realize that the words in the print were hand written and it makes the concept even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thousand cuts has a very interesting cover. The dual effect of the shadow and the tear on a cover

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the last book cover that you chose, too. I like how it looks simple, but when you take a closer look it is actually more intricate.

    ReplyDelete